Flatbreads, fritters and pancakes, all from legumes! Explore different methods and techniques for healthy bean cookery and reap the benefits. Join Rachel online to learn how to turn chickpeas into flatbread, lentils into Indian pancakes, mung beans into a Korean version, plus use black-eyed peas and cornmeal to make fritters.
Vegetarian with eggs.
About the instructor: Rachel is the owner of Thyme to Nourish, a personal chef and food education service focused on whole foods and healthy eating. Trained at the Culinary Arts Program at The Art Institute of Seattle, Rachel spent her early years with a mom who loved to experiment with food. She also immersed herself in Southeast Asian and Indian cuisines while living in Malaysia. Today, Rachel focuses on providing good food to good people and can be found at Thyme2nourish.com.
- This is a demonstration format class offered live online via Zoom.
- One spot in class is good for one kitchen or Zoom screen. A recording will be sent after class to all registered students whether or not you can attend live. Class information will be emailed four days before class. Our emails can get caught in spam filters or blocked entirely, please contact us if you don't receive the class information.
- Cancellation Policy: Classes are nonrefundable. If you cannot attend, you can request a class credit or transfer to a different class up to 7 days prior to class or have someone attend in your place.
- Chickpea Flatbread
- Indian Spiced Red Lentil Pancakes
- Spicy Cornmeal and Black-eyed Pea Fritters
- Korean Mung Bean Pancakes with Kimchi and Shiitakes
Thursday, January 19, 5:00 - 6:00 pmRegister for class