The cuisine of Portugal is defined by its varied geography focusing on fresh seafood from the coast and pork and game meats traveling inland. Join Tiago and discover two iconic Portuguese dishes inspired by his fathers cooking. First up: Caldo Verde, or Portuguese Green Soup with Kale and Potatoes. Youll learn how to build this traditional soup from stock to finish. Next youll learn how to make a dish that combines the best of both land and sea Carne de Porco à Alentejana (Pork and Steamed clams).
With meat, seafood, dairy, eggs and gluten.
About the instructor: Tiago graduated from the Culinary Institute of America in 2014. After graduation, he honed his skills as a lead sauté cook for a fine dining establishment. He has been teaching cooking classes for the last several years and has found teaching to be one of the most gratifying experiences of his life. Tiago is also a wine enthusiast and certified sommelier.
- This is a demonstration class offered live online via Zoom.
- One spot in class is good for one kitchen. A recording will be sent after class to all registered students. Class link and recipes will be sent four days before class. Our emails can get caught in spam filters or blocked entirely, please contact us if you don't receive the class information.
- Cancellation Policy: Online classes are nonrefundable. You can request a transfer to a different class up to 7 days prior to class.
- Caldo Verde (Portuguese Green Soup with Kale and Potatoes)
- Carne de Porco à Alentejana (Pork and Steamed clams)
Monday, October 11, 5:00 - 6:00 pmRegister for class