Join Tiago on a culinary journey celebrating his father's Portuguese heritage through two iconic dishes and a cherished dessert. First, master the art of crafting Caldo Verde, a traditional Green Soup enriched with kale and potatoes. Next, delve into the techniques of preparing Carne de Porco à Alentejana, skillfully combining succulent pork and steamed clams, a culinary delight showcasing the fusion of land and sea influences in Portugal's coastal regions. Finally, immerse yourself in the sweet nostalgia of Tiago's childhood while learning to create Pastéis de Nata, world-famous Portuguese custard tarts as you make the dough, create the custard base, and achieve the perfect golden-brown bake. Gain invaluable cooking skills while immersing yourself in the rich history and flavors of Portugal.
With meat, seafood, dairy, and eggs.
About the instructor: Tiago graduated from the Culinary Institute of America in 2014. After graduation, he honed his skills as a lead sauté cook for a fine dining establishment. He began teaching culinary classes in 2017 and has found teaching to be one of the most gratifying experiences of his life. In 2022 Tiago spent a year teaching culinary and baking for Seattle Public Schools. Tiago is also a wine enthusiast and certified sommelier. Tiago likes to teach classes that focus on his Brazilian, Portuguese and New York roots, along with his education in French cuisine.
- This is a hands-on format class for adults.
- Class information will be emailed 48 hours before class. Our emails can get caught in spam filters or blocked entirely, please contact us if you don't receive the class information.
- Cancellation Policy: Classes are nonrefundable. If you cannot attend, you can request a class credit or transfer to a different class up to 7 days prior to class or have someone attend in your place.
- Caldo Verde (Portuguese Green Soup)
- Carne de Porco à Alentejana (Pork and Steamed Clams)
- Pasteis de Nata (Portuguese Custard Tarts)
Wednesday, October 25, 6:00 - 8:00 pmAdd to waiting list
Wednesday, October 18, 6:00 - 8:00 pmRegister for class
Sunday, October 22, 4:00 - 6:00 pmAdd to waiting list
Columbia City PCC
Monday, October 30, 6:00 - 8:00 pm
Only 1 spot leftRegister for class
Tuesday, October 10, 6:00 - 8:00 pmAdd to waiting list
Sunday, October 29, 4:00 - 6:00 pmRegister for class