- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups oil
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
- 1 1/2 cups pastry flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 tablespoon dried nettles (optional)
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons best-quality ground cinnamon (best flavor is if you grind it yourself)
- 1 cup grated parsnip (use the large grater holes for this)
- 2 cups grated carrots (use the large grater holes for this)
- Vanilla-Cinnamon Cream, for serving
- Powdered sugar and/or cinnamon, for garnish
Preheat oven to 350° F. Generously grease a 9- by 13-inch pan.
In a bowl, whisk together sugar, oil, eggs, vanilla and ginger. In a separate bowl, mix together both flours, nettles, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Lightly fold dry ingredients into wet ingredients. Gently mix in grated parsnips and carrots.
Pour batter into the prepared pan and bake for 40 to 50 minutes until a knife comes out clean. Serve with Vanilla-Cinnamon Cream and powdered sugar and/or cinnamon.
Don’t Just Shop Your Values. Own Them.
When you’re a PCC member, your voice and your groceries go further — every purchase you make supports our community. Join our co-op today for a one-time fee of $60 and enjoy a lifetime of benefits, including exclusive offers and events, partner discounts with local businesses and more.Become a member