- 1 to 1 1/2 pounds tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 to 6 (1/2-inch thick) baguette slices
- 4 tablespoons butter or olive oil
In a mixing bowl, combine chopped tomatoes, basil and crushed garlic. Add olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper.
Mix together and set aside.
Toast bread until lightly golden using a broiler, grill or frying pan. While bread still is warm, rub in butter or oil. Continue to toast the bread for a few more minutes. Spoon the tomato mixture on top of the bread and serve immediately.
Don’t Just Shop Your Values. Own Them.
When you’re a PCC member, your voice and your groceries go further — every purchase you make supports our community. Join our co-op today for a one-time fee of $60 and enjoy a lifetime of benefits, including exclusive offers and events, partner discounts with local businesses and more.Become a member