- 1 bunch scallions, green part only, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup mixed chopped fresh parsley and basil leaves
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 slices rustic bread
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 4 eggs
- Sliced tomatoes (enough to cover each slice of bread)
- 2 ounces prosciutto, thinly sliced
- Flaky sea salt
- Basil leaves or arugula leaves, for garnish
In a small food processor, pulse scallions, parsley-basil mixture and garlic until well chopped. Add olive oil and pulverize for a few more seconds to combine.
Toast or grill bread slices, then spread a spoonful of the scallion oil onto each slice.
Bring a saucepan of water to boil and add vinegar. Turn the heat down to just a simmer. Crack eggs into a small bowl, then add them carefully to the water to poach for 2 to 3 minutes, until the white is set but the yolk is still runny.
Place a tomato slice on top of the scallion oil on each slice of bread, followed by a poached egg. Drape sliced prosciutto on top, then sprinkle with sea salt. Drizzle with more scallion oil, then garnish with basil or arugula leaves. Serve immediately while the egg yolk is still warm.