Fresh green beans are roasted in the oven with satsuma slices and whole garlic cloves until meltingly tender. They are finished with thyme and Parmesan.
- 2 1/2 pounds green beans, ends trimmed
- 2 satsumas, sliced
- 3 large shallots, peeled and thickly sliced
- 10 cloves whole garlic
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
Preheat oven to 375° F.
Toss green beans, satsumas, shallots, garlic, oil, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Spread out onto a large, rimmed baking sheet.
Roast beans, stirring every 10 minutes, until wilted, caramelized and tender, about 1 hour. Toss with thyme during the last 10 minutes of cooking.
Remove from the oven and top with Parmesan before serving.