- 3 large, ripe bananas, well mashed (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, barely warm, so it’s liquid (you may substitute olive oil or melted butter)
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2/3 cup finely ground hazelnuts or other nuts
- 1/3 cup unsweetened shredded dry coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 7 ounces chocolate chips (or dark chocolate bar, chopped fine)
Preheat oven to 350° F. Position oven racks in the top third.
Combine bananas, vanilla and coconut oil in a large bowl. In another bowl stir together oats, ground hazelnuts, coconut, cinnamon, salt and baking powder.
Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and stir until combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
Drop dollops of the slightly loose dough (about 2 teaspoons each) 1 inch apart onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Bake for 12 to 14 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool on the tray. Cookies will be a bit moist but will hold together after they cool.