Ages 10 to 15
Get your measuring cups, rolling pins and spatulas ready because we're taking a baking trip around the world! Join Cam as you mix, whip and knead your way through some of her favorite tarts - perfect for both dinner and dessert! Future bakers will visit a new country each day, discovering a variety of cooking techniques at each destination.
With eggs, dairy and gluten; optional poultry.
About the instructor: Cam never planned to leave her career as an award-winning journalist, but a life spent cooking — and teaching others the joy of it — finally proved too irresistible. She received her professional culinary training from the Cambridge School of Culinary Arts in Cambridge, Massachusetts. In addition to her work at PCC, she teaches several innovative multidisciplinary cooking classes at Edmonds Heights K-12, covering everything from world folklore and history to science and environmental policy. Her food writing has appeared in publications including The Boston Globe. Follow her on Instagram: @hummingbirdculinary.
- This is a hands-on format class for kids only.
- Class information will be emailed 48 hours before class. Our emails can get caught in spam filters or blocked entirely, please contact us if you don't receive the class information.
- Cancellation Policy: Classes are nonrefundable. If you cannot attend, you can request a class credit or transfer to a different class up to 7 days prior to class or have someone attend in your place.
- Build-Your-Own Quiche and Fresh-Berry Tarts
- Tourte de Blettes (French Swiss Chard and Rice Tart) and Classic New York Cheesecake
- Spanakopita (Greek-Spinach Pie) and Tarte Tatin
- Bisteeya (Moroccan Chicken or Vegetable Pie) and Banoffee Pie (Banana-Caramel Cream Pie)
- Mixed-Greens Supper Tart and Lemon Tartlets
Day 1: Monday, July 25, 10:00 - 12:00 pmRegister for class
Day 2: Tuesday, July 26, 10:00 - 12:00 pm
Day 3: Wednesday, July 27, 10:00 - 12:00 pm
Day 4: Thursday, July 28, 10:00 - 12:00 pm
Day 5: Friday, July 29, 10:00 - 12:00 pm
Day 1: Monday, July 18, 10:00 - 12:00 pmRegister for class
Day 2: Tuesday, July 19, 10:00 - 12:00 pm
Day 3: Wednesday, July 20, 10:00 - 12:00 pm
Day 4: Thursday, July 21, 10:00 - 12:00 pm
Day 5: Friday, July 22, 10:00 - 12:00 pm
Day 1: Monday, August 8, 10:00 - 12:00 pmRegister for class
Day 2: Tuesday, August 9, 10:00 - 12:00 pm
Day 3: Wednesday, August 10, 10:00 - 12:00 pm
Day 4: Thursday, August 11, 10:00 - 12:00 pm
Day 5: Friday, August 12, 10:00 - 12:00 pm