Members: $50.00, Non-members: $55.00
Chef Laurie introduces you to the savory side of hand pies and tarts as you discover the traditions of Cornish and Irish pasties, which incorporate meat and vegetables. Each student will make their own flaky pie dough using the techniques learned in class. Then, using general filling recipes as a guide, you’ll choose a selection of seasonal vegetables, herbs and meat to create your own personal hearty hand pies and tarts to bake in class and take home.
- Traditional Irish Pasties
- Seasonal Vegetable and Meat Hand Pies
Dietary Notes: With dairy and optional meat; no eggs.
Burien PCCRegister for class
Thursday, May 16, 6:30 - 9:00 pm
Issaquah PCCAdd to waiting list
Friday, April 26, 6:30 - 9:00 pm
Green Lake Village PCCAdd to waiting list
Tuesday, April 30, 6:30 - 9:00 pm
Bothell PCCAdd to waiting list
Saturday, May 11, 3:00 - 5:30 pm
- Cancellation Policy: Refunds or class credit will be given in full if you cancel your registration at least seven days before the class, or if a class is cancelled.
- Out of respect for people with chemical sensitivities, we ask that fragrances and scented products not be worn in class.
- For your comfort, you may want to dress in layers; classroom temperatures fluctuate when ovens and stoves are in use.
- For hands-on classes, you are welcome to bring an apron. Please wear comfortable, closed-toe shoes.
- You will usually receive 4 to 5 nice bites of each recipe prepared in class. We recommend eating a light meal or snack before class, as most samples are generally served towards the end of class.
- Need to find a store location? View stores.