Eating a plant-based diet reduces disease risk, decreases inflammation in the body, and promotes healthy aging. Join nutritionist and cookbook author Michelle Babb, MS, RD, as she sheds some light on the many benefits of vegetarian/vegan eating and provides helpful hints that make it easy to start transitioning to a plant-forward food plan. Sample Lettuce-less Salad with Creamy Cilantro-Lime Dressing, Moroccan Chickpea Burgers, and Cashew Cookie Bars.
About the instructor: Michelle is a registered dietitian and graduate of Bastyr University. She has her own nutrition practice in West Seattle and is the author of several cookbooks, including "Mastering Mindful Eating" released in winter of 2020. She specializes in anti-inflammatory eating, digestive wellness and sustainable weight management through mindful eating. Michelle helps people change their relationships with food and reclaim the joy of eating. She shares her food philosophy and insights on eatplaybe.com.
- This is a demonstration format class for adults.
- Class information will be emailed 48 hours before class. Our emails can get caught in spam filters or blocked entirely, please contact us if you don't receive the class information.
- Cancellation Policy: Classes are nonrefundable. If you cannot attend, you can request a class credit or transfer to a different class up to 7 days prior to class or have someone attend in your place.
- Lettuce-less Salad with Creamy Cilantro-Lime Dressing
- Moroccan Chickpea Burgers
- Cashew Cookie Bars