Members: $55.00, Non-members: $60.00
Winter is the time to savor good food and company in a cozy kitchen. Let’s gather around to make Nabe (“nahbay”), a family-style Japanese one-pot dish that is flexible and quick to cook. We’ll prepare Chanko Nabe (“Sumo Wrestlers’ Stew,” rich with vegetables, chicken meatballs, pork and fish in a miso broth); and Japan's most popular nabe dish, Sukiyaki (sliced beef, tofu, mushrooms and greens in sweetened soy broth). Accompanied by hot tea, nabe is a perfect cold-weather meal for family dinner or casual home parties. With meat, poultry, seafood and eggs; no dairy.
Columbia City PCCAdd to waiting list
Thursday, February 28, 6:30 - 9:00 pm
- Cancellation Policy: Refunds or class credit will be given in full if you cancel your registration at least seven days before the class, or if a class is cancelled.
- Out of respect for people with chemical sensitivities, we ask that fragrances and scented products not be worn in class.
- For your comfort, you may want to dress in layers; classroom temperatures fluctuate when ovens and stoves are in use.
- For hands-on classes, you are welcome to bring an apron. Please wear comfortable, closed-toe shoes.
- You will usually receive 4 to 5 nice bites of each recipe prepared in class. We recommend eating a light meal or snack before class, as most samples are generally served towards the end of class.
- Need to find a store location? View stores.