Members: $0.00, Non-members: $0.00
Please note:FREE CLASS; PLEASE PRE-REGISTER
Learn how to minimize food waste with a focus on our abundance of local, seasonal produce. We’ll review ways to use up a bounty of fruits and vegetables, how to incorporate leftover ingredients into easy meals and proper storage techniques. Chef Rachel will demonstrate Sparkling Fruit Shrub; Harissa Carrot Dip; Summer Minestrone Soup with Carrot-top-and-Greens Pesto; Odds and Ends Quick Frittata; Fresh Salad with Homemade Herb Dressing; and Easy Banana Chocolate Soft-Serve Ice Cream with Cacao Nibs. Vegetarian with dairy and eggs. In Partnership with Seattle Public Utilities’ Love Food, Stop Waste Program and the City of Issaquah’s Food: Too Good to Waste Program.
- Cancellation Policy: Refunds or class credit will be given in full if you cancel your registration at least seven days before the class, or if we are forced to cancel a class.
- Out of respect for people with chemical sensitivities, we ask that fragrances and scented products not be worn in class.
- For your comfort, you may want to dress in layers; classroom temperatures fluctuate when ovens and stoves are in use.
- For hands-on classes, you are welcome to bring an apron. Please wear comfortable, closed-toe shoes.
- You will usually receive 4 to 5 nice bites of each recipe prepared in class. We recommend eating a light meal or snack before class, as most samples are generally served towards the end of class.
- Need to find a store location? View stores.