Members: $45.00, Non-members: $50.00
Dive into the sourdough process and leave with your very own jar of sourdough starter. You’ll learn to create a starter, how to keep it healthy, and what gives starters their unique sour flavor. Cynthia will also discuss why allowing flour to hang out with bacteria and wild yeast may make gluten more digestible. Sample sourdough recipes in class, and leave with the confidence to make your own breads at home.
- Sourdough Flapjacks
- Danish Sourdough Seed Bread with Cream Cheese and Lox
Dietary Notes: With dairy and optional seafood; no eggs.
- Cancellation Policy: Refunds or class credit will be given in full if you cancel your registration at least seven days before the class, or if a class is cancelled.
- Out of respect for people with chemical sensitivities, we ask that fragrances and scented products not be worn in class.
- For your comfort, you may want to dress in layers; classroom temperatures fluctuate when ovens and stoves are in use.
- For hands-on classes, you are welcome to bring an apron. Please wear comfortable, closed-toe shoes.
- You will usually receive 4 to 5 nice bites of each recipe prepared in class. We recommend eating a light meal or snack before class, as most samples are generally served towards the end of class.
- Need to find a store location? View stores.