Explore the flavors of authentic Thai cuisine! Join Pranee as she demystifies the flavors and techniques to make these famous dishes at home. Pranee will teach you how to build flavors and find the balance between sweet and spicy as a base for Gaeng Massaman Gai - Braised Chicken in Massaman Curry. Youll make a fragrant Goong Oob Woon Sen - Shrimp with Cellophane Noodles, Ginger and Cilantro and learn secrets for Kao Now Dam - Black Rice Pudding with Coconut Cream.
With meat, poultry and seafood.
About the instructor: Pranee learned to cook from her mother and grandmother in Phuket, Thailand. When she came to Seattle, she brought her mortar and pestle and began cooking for friends. She is now a member of the International Association of Culinary Professionals and the owner of I Love Thai Cooking, where she teaches, and shares recipes and cooking wisdom. She goes to Thailand yearly to collect and preserve authentic recipes and is working on a cookbook. Pranee says, “You don’t need to visit Thailand to learn Thai cooking.”
- This is a hands-on format class for adults.
- Class information will be emailed 48 hours before class. Our emails can get caught in spam filters or blocked entirely, please contact us if you don't receive the class information.
- Cancellation Policy: Classes are nonrefundable. If you cannot attend, you can request a class credit or transfer to a different class up to 7 days prior to class or have someone attend in your place.
- Goong Oob Woon Sen - Shrimp with Cellophane Noodles, Bacon, Ginger, and Cilantro
- Gaeng Massaman Gai - Braised Chicken in Massaman Curry
- with homemade Curry Paste
- Kao Now Dam - Black Rice Pudding with Coconut Cream
Thursday, December 8, 6:00 - 8:00 pmRegister for class
Thursday, December 15, 6:00 - 8:00 pmRegister for class
Columbia City PCC
Tuesday, December 13, 6:00 - 8:00 pmRegister for class
Saturday, December 10, 5:00 - 7:00 pmRegister for class
Green Lake Village PCC
Tuesday, December 6, 6:00 - 8:00 pmRegister for class