Members: $50.00, Non-members: $55.00
Please note:Drop-off class; teens only.
For ages 13 to 18; teens only. Tamales are an ancient food (the Aztecs and Mayans ate them!) made with masa, a dough made from finely ground corn, and a wide variety of fillings. We will make a selection of fillings (chicken, roasted winter squash, cheese and black beans) and use a quick non-traditional technique to roll and steam our tamales. Then we’ll top them with Tomatillo-Tomato Salsa. Tamales can also be sweet — ours will be plump with Roasted Apples and Cinnamon, topped with Caramel Sauce. With dairy and optional poultry; no eggs or gluten.
Friday, January 25, 6:00 - 8:30 pm
Only 1 spot leftRegister for class
Bothell PCCRegister for class
Friday, February 1, 6:00 - 8:30 pm
Redmond PCCRegister for class
Saturday, February 9, 3:00 - 5:30 pm
Burien PCCRegister for class
Saturday, March 2, 3:00 - 5:30 pm
Columbia City PCCRegister for class
Friday, March 15, 6:00 - 8:30 pm
Edmonds PCCRegister for class
Saturday, March 23, 3:00 - 5:30 pm
- Cancellation Policy: Refunds or class credit will be given in full if you cancel your registration at least seven days before the class, or if a class is cancelled.
- Out of respect for people with chemical sensitivities, we ask that fragrances and scented products not be worn in class.
- For your comfort, you may want to dress in layers; classroom temperatures fluctuate when ovens and stoves are in use.
- For hands-on classes, you are welcome to bring an apron. Please wear comfortable, closed-toe shoes.
- You will usually receive 4 to 5 nice bites of each recipe prepared in class. We recommend eating a light meal or snack before class, as most samples are generally served towards the end of class.
- Need to find a store location? View stores.