Members: $55.00, Non-members: $60.00
Kausar Ahmed's cookbook, "The Karachi Kitchen," was inspired by a lifetime of experience, from cooking with her mother in Pakistan to now more than 20 years instructing South Asian culinary arts. This fall, Ahmed is bringing her love of Pakistani street food to the PCC classroom. In this class, students will make two popular dishes from scratch. Learn to use flavorful spice rubs, gather tips and tricks for perfect marination, and master the art of flaky paratha bread. Plus, take home new ways to prepare versatile ingredients like potatoes and garbanzo beans.
- Chana Chaat (Warm Chickpea Salad with Dried Ginger, Tamarind and Yogurt)
- Skewer-roasted Malai Chicken (Chicken Marinated with Yogurt, Saffron and Spices)
- Tamarind Chutney
- Green Chutney
- Paratha Bread
Dietary Notes: With poultry and dairy; no eggs.
- Cancellation Policy: Refunds or class credit will be given in full if you cancel your registration at least seven days before the class, or if a class is cancelled.
- Out of respect for people with chemical sensitivities, we ask that fragrances and scented products not be worn in class.
- For your comfort, you may want to dress in layers; classroom temperatures fluctuate when ovens and stoves are in use.
- For hands-on classes, you are welcome to bring an apron. Please wear comfortable, closed-toe shoes.
- You will usually receive 4 to 5 nice bites of each recipe prepared in class. We recommend eating a light meal or snack before class, as most samples are generally served towards the end of class.
- Need to find a store location? View stores.