Members: $60.00, Non-members: $65.00
Albert grew up sharpening and using knives — first as a kid, learning the art of sharpening from his dad, and then in a local cutlery store after high school. Since 2009, he has had a studio in Fremont where he hones his craft, something he considers a meditative and constantly evolving experience. In this hands-on class, learn everything you need to know about knife sharpening, from safe handling to application and inspection. Students will sharpen using waterstones, and knives will be provided — as well as light snacks.
- Cancellation Policy: Refunds or class credit will be given in full if you cancel your registration at least seven days before the class, or if a class is cancelled.
- Out of respect for people with chemical sensitivities, we ask that fragrances and scented products not be worn in class.
- For your comfort, you may want to dress in layers; classroom temperatures fluctuate when ovens and stoves are in use.
- For hands-on classes, you are welcome to bring an apron. Please wear comfortable, closed-toe shoes.
- You will usually receive 4 to 5 nice bites of each recipe prepared in class. We recommend eating a light meal or snack before class, as most samples are generally served towards the end of class.
- Need to find a store location? View stores.