Its easy to know you should eat more greens, but more challenging to know how to add them to your menu, especially in winter. Jane will teach you to make three main-course salads that will liven up your table. In this class, you'll learn the science behind emulsions as you practice crafting vinaigrettes. You'll practice knife skills for efficient chopping of hearty greens, as well as what to add to salads to take them over the top such as candied nuts, toasted rice and caramelized shallots. By the time were done, youll want to give salads a place of honor at your table.
About the instructor: Jane Hall is passionate about the home economy of cooking and baking, sustainable practices in the kitchen, health, wellness and delicious things for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. She began working in the food industry at age 13 in a bakery and never looked back. After many years in bakeries and cafes, both front and back of house, she worked as a chef for a small software company. Having successfully raised her child on kale and goat cheese she is full of the desire to help others be creative in the kitchen while being mindful of the budget. In addition to teaching, Jane spends part of her time working at FareStart.
- This is a hands-on format class for adults.
- Class information will be emailed 48 hours before class. Our emails can get caught in spam filters or blocked entirely, please contact us if you don't receive the class information.
- Cancellation Policy: Classes are nonrefundable. If you cannot attend, you can request a class credit or transfer to a different class up to 7 days prior to class or have someone attend in your place.
- Winter Chop Salad with Spinach, Crispy Bacon and Caramelized Shallot with Citrus Vinaigrette
- Brussels Sprout salad with Granny Smith apples, Candied pecans and Dijon Vinaigrette
- Kale and Toasted rice salad with Pine nuts, Red pepper, and Balsamic Vinaigrette