Members: $55.00, Non-members: $60.00
The braising season is here! Join Christina and learn different Chinese styles of braising, including the classic Hong-shao (red-braising). Using seasonings such as soy sauce, assorted aromatics and fragrant spices, you’ll create authentic sauces with complex flavors. Practice your braising skills using a wok and learn how to finish the cooking process in a clay pot. We’ll make Sichuan-style Hong-shao Beef with Potatoes and Carrots; Braised Caramelized Chicken in Gingery Soy Sake Sauce with Mushrooms; Wok-browned Tofu Braised in Leek-flavored Sauce; and Old Beijing-style Braised Eggplants with Aromatic Soy Vinegar Sauce. With meat and poultry; no dairy or eggs.
Columbia City PCCAdd to waiting list
Tuesday, February 26, 6:30 - 9:00 pm
Green Lake Village PCCAdd to waiting list
Wednesday, March 13, 6:30 - 9:00 pm
Edmonds PCCAdd to waiting list
Sunday, March 17, 1:00 - 3:30 pm
- Cancellation Policy: Refunds or class credit will be given in full if you cancel your registration at least seven days before the class, or if a class is cancelled.
- Out of respect for people with chemical sensitivities, we ask that fragrances and scented products not be worn in class.
- For your comfort, you may want to dress in layers; classroom temperatures fluctuate when ovens and stoves are in use.
- For hands-on classes, you are welcome to bring an apron. Please wear comfortable, closed-toe shoes.
- You will usually receive 4 to 5 nice bites of each recipe prepared in class. We recommend eating a light meal or snack before class, as most samples are generally served towards the end of class.
- Need to find a store location? View stores.