Members: $45.00, Non-members: $50.00
Learn how to taste cheese like a professional with help from one of PCC’s resident cheese experts. In this class, you’ll travel through cheeses of all families, made with all kinds of milk — cow, sheep, goat and even buffalo. Once you’ve honed your senses of sight, smell, touch and taste with cheese, you’ll explore different pairings from a variety of fruits, nuts, meats and chocolates to discover which flavors play together just right. You’ll come away knowing how to build a cheese board that’s dressed to impress!
- Horizontal Tasting with Brie-style cheese made from cow, goat, sheep and water buffalo milks
- Vertical Tasting with a fresh cheese, a soft-ripened cheese, a firm cheese, a hard cheese, a washed-rind cheese and a blue cheese
- Pairing with seasonal fruit, Marcona almonds, salami and dark chocolate
Dietary Notes: With dairy and optional meat; no eggs.
Thursday, April 25, 6:30 - 9:00 pm
- Cancellation Policy: Refunds or class credit will be given in full if you cancel your registration at least seven days before the class, or if a class is cancelled.
- Out of respect for people with chemical sensitivities, we ask that fragrances and scented products not be worn in class.
- For your comfort, you may want to dress in layers; classroom temperatures fluctuate when ovens and stoves are in use.
- For hands-on classes, you are welcome to bring an apron. Please wear comfortable, closed-toe shoes.
- You will usually receive 4 to 5 nice bites of each recipe prepared in class. We recommend eating a light meal or snack before class, as most samples are generally served towards the end of class.
- Need to find a store location? View stores.