Join Chef Darin, on a culinary journey that celebrates the unique flavors and umami-richness of mushrooms. Darin will share his passion for local, wild, and domestic mushrooms, and together, youll learn how to bring out the deep flavors of mushrooms while keeping them the highlight of the dish. Learn how to sauté chanterelle mushrooms to perfection and every bite will transport you to mushroom paradise. Next, King Oyster Mushrooms take the spotlight in a warm salad with creamy goat cheese and crunchy hazelnuts. Prepare for an incredible explosion of flavors by adding the perfect balance of acidity and depth to mushroom dashi and zesty ponzu-roasted shiitake mushrooms. This cooking class is a must for food enthusiasts, home cooks, and anyone with a passion for discovering the culinary wonders of mushrooms.
With pork, seafood, dairy, eggs, and nuts.
About the instructor: Darin Gagner began his culinary adventure more than two decades ago as a way to get out of a small town in Eastern Washington and into the city. Seeking out as many experiences as possible and moving from coast to coast, he worked at lobster shacks, pizza joints, fine dining restaurants, and landmark hotels. Not a born teacher or cook, he
was lucky enough to work with outstanding chefs that helped him become both.
Darin is a full-time chef and owner of Valley Sharp Knife Sharpening. He lives in Cle Elum with his wife and sons. When he is not in the kitchen or his shop (which is rare) he’s in the woods or by a lake enjoying fresh air and craft beer.
- This is a hands-on format class for adults.
- Class information will be emailed 48 hours before class. Our emails can get caught in spam filters or blocked entirely, please contact us if you don't receive the class information.
- Cancellation Policy: Classes are nonrefundable. If you cannot attend, you can request a class credit or transfer to a different class up to 7 days prior to class or have someone attend in your place.
- Warm king oyster salad with goat cheese and hazelnuts
- Chanterelle fettuccini with pancetta and sunny side up egg
- Citrus cured ling cod with mushroom dashi and ponzu roasted shiitake
Thursday, October 19, 6:00 - 8:00 pmAdd to waiting list
Tuesday, October 24, 6:00 - 8:00 pmAdd to waiting list
Columbia City PCC
Wednesday, October 25, 6:00 - 8:00 pmAdd to waiting list
Green Lake Village PCC
Wednesday, October 11, 6:00 - 8:00 pmAdd to waiting list